Question IMPORTANT

Kevin Wilcox kevin.wilcox at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 17:40:34 UTC 2014

On 20 October 2014 02:34,  <kpneal at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 12:51:14AM +0200, Damian Kowalczuk wrote:

>>    I am interested in buying the domain (put.com) owned to the company
>>    Putnam Internet Services, which also owns FreeBSD.
>
> The top level web page at www.put.com says this: "We run FreeBSD."
>
> Running FreeBSD and owning FreeBSD are totally different things.

Kevin - if Damian's first or primary language is not English, I think
the confusion is with the word "run".

If I say I run FreeBSD, I could mean "I have computers that run the FreeBSD OS."

I could also mean "I run the FreeBSD Project."

The word "run" is ambiguous for a non-native speaker in the context,
"We run FreeBSD"

kmw