exiting Xorg locks up 9.2-STABLE system

William Bulley web at umich.edu
Thu Oct 16 00:53:08 UTC 2014

According to Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> on Wed, 10/15/14 at 18:44:

> No, you're right.  It appears that 9-STABLE only supports either sc or vt,
> but not both.

Okay, so if I'm unwilling to jump to 10.x at this point (having just
upgraded to 9.3-STABLE from 9.2-STABLE), what's a fellow to do about
this apparent failure mode (when exiting an Xorg session) on 9.3-STABLE?

Do I try to use the vt(4) device (which seems to have failed me this
morning) or stick with sc(4) (where things seem to hang when exiting
my Xorg sessions)?  Appears to be a bit of a Catch-22 to my thinking...  :-(

Regards,

web...

--

 /"\   ASCII RIBBON          / William Bulley
 \ /   CAMPAIGN AGAINST     /
  X    HTML E-MAIL AND     / E-MAIL: web at umich.edu
 / \   LISTSERV POSTINGS  /

72 characters width template ----------------------------------------->|