sh man page ....

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Sat Oct 11 18:35:30 UTC 2014

On Sat, 11 Oct 2014, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:

> I am only whining about the 'oversight' (my word)
> since I came in the other direction (bash 1st, under Linux, followed by sh
> under FBSD). I am making the suggestion from a purely logistical POV, since
> bash is pretty widespread, & people coming to FBSD from Linux may bring their
> bash scripts & such w/ them.

This is entirely reasonable.  We have programs that accept different
options for Linux compatibility like find(1).  I'm pretty certain that
we have man pages that document differences between native FreeBSD
programs and others.  The documentation is there to help the user.
Documenting differences and incompatibilities certainly falls into
that category, particularly for the confusion surrounding a real sh(1)
versus bash pretending to be sh.