FOLLOW-UP: Mounting samba, some files are invisible

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 20:36:09 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 4:33 PM, William A. Mahaffey III <wam at hiwaay.net>
wrote:

> On 10/09/14 15:31, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
>
>> On 10/09/14 15:21, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Martin <greencoppermine at yandex.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>  If I use Midnight Commander (mc) and use the SMB function it has, I can

>>> You may see the same directories by NFS instead of Samba client in
>>> FreeBSD
>>> by exporting them also by NFS from the server .
>>>

>>> Thank you very much .
>>>
>>> Mehmet Erol Sanliturk
>>>

>> True, he said as much in his OP, but if he needs M$FT boxen to see those
>> files, he needs smbfs/mount_smbfs/etc. working correctly ....
>>

> *Aaaaaaaack* !!!! He was trying to mount them w/ FBSD (not sure why), not
> M$FT, sorry for the noise :-/ ....
>

> --
>
>         William A. Mahaffey III

>         "The M1 Garand is without doubt the finest implement of war
>          ever devised by man."
>                            -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

If the same directories may be seen by NFS and NOT by Samba in FreeBSD ,
this shows that there is a problem in Samba port of FreeBSD .

Personally I could not be able to connect to a Windows XP share from
FreeBSD Samba client ( I could NOT be able to understand which side is
causing the trouble ) . It is possible to connect to FreeBSD Samba server
from Windows XP .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk