geli not recognizing keyboard

Daniel nefar at otherware.org
Fri Oct 3 21:28:51 UTC 2014

Hi,

I did a fresh install with 10.1-BETA3 yesterday.  I decided to encrypt the
boot partition using geli (only option given).

The keyboard i have is a USB keyboard. The keyboard works fine in all
scenarios except for when prompted with the geli password.

http://i.minus.com/ibbw2T5C7Oppp5.jpg

I tried with multiple different keyboards connected. Here's an Apple
keyboard and a standard PC Roswill keyboard.

There's no response at all from geli.

I tried installing FreeBSD without geli and I had no issues with the
keyboard to login later during boot. It appears to be a problem with geli.

I do want to have my boot drive encrypted.

Does anyone have any ideas? Suggestions? Money to send me?

Motherboard: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FM4M7TQ

-d