NTPD problem - a lot of interfaces

dweimer dweimer at dweimer.net
Fri Oct 3 13:42:33 UTC 2014

On 10/03/2014 6:44 am, Radek Krejča wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have problem on machines, where is a lot of network interfaces
> (about 100). On this machines ntpd wont start and if is runnig and
> critical count of interfaces is reached, it falls.
>
> I can run ntpdate command from cron, but I need to have better
> solution.
>
> Radek

Do you need it to listen on all interfaces?  If not you could just limit
it to the primary interface if using the freeBSD built in ntp, theres a
listen directive in configuration file if using the newer ntpd from
ports, it uses a -I flag to specify the listening IP address.

--
Thanks,
    Dean E. Weimer