Locked out of FreeBSD EC2 image - trying to figure out why ...

John Case case at SDF.ORG
Wed Oct 1 22:12:30 UTC 2014

On Wed, 1 Oct 2014, Michael Sierchio wrote:

> Yes. DHCP responses will come from an RFC1918 network, for example.
> This is naive and really unnecessary - just use an appropriate EC2
> security policy.  If you insist on using ipfw, you'll need to improve
> your understanding of how things work.
>
> Also - an elastic IP will not persist across stopping and starting an
> instance, and you should associate it using a script inside the
> instance when it starts.

Ok, so the only way for me to rescue this instance (I did not make a
snapshot prior to the firewall) is to snapshot it now, and then mount that
snapshot on another instance and edit the conf file ...

Anything faster and easier than that, or is that my only option ?

Thanks.