Chromium again

Peter Harrison four.harrisons at googlemail.com
Thu May 15 15:36:07 UTC 2014

Peter Harrison
On 13 May 2014 05:02, "p90s" <jv at yeaguy.com> wrote:

> On 05/12/14 14:44, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm not sure then, sorry. The last time I had issues like this, it was
>> some weird disconnect between chromium and all of the other stuff like
>> C++ libraries and such.
>>
>> These days I just run pkg and I do a 'pkg upgrade -f' every time I
>> sync my -HEAD laptop. Too much stuff changes without bumping package
>> revisions.
>>
>> Sorry,
>>

>> -a
>>

>> On 12 May 2014 11:56, Peter Harrison <four.harrisons at googlemail.com>
wrote:

:-)

>>> Ah. My bad. Sorry. Here we go:
>>>
>>> gdb /usr/local/share/chromium/chrome chrome.core
>>> GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]
>>> Copyright 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>>> GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and
you are
>>> welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain
conditions.
>>> Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
>>> There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for
details.
>>> This GDB was configured as "i386-marcel-freebsd"...(no debugging
symbols found)...
>>> Core was generated by `chrome'.
>>> Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
>>> #0  0x2e025d68 in ?? ()
>>> (gdb) bt
>>> #0  0x2e025d68 in ?? ()
>>> #1  0x2e021931 in ?? ()
>>> #2  0x00000005 in ?? ()
>>> #3  0xbfbfc420 in ?? ()
>>> #4  0x00000040 in ?? ()
>>> #5  0x0e1de568 in ?? ()
>>> #6  0x32beddd4 in ?? ()
>>> #7  0x2ef9ad34 in ?? ()
>>> #8  0x316bca80 in ?? ()
>>> #9  0x087e26da in std::string::_S_construct<char*> ()
>>> #10 0x32beddd4 in ?? ()
>>> #11 0x0000003e in ?? ()
>>> #12 0xbfbfc378 in ?? ()
>>> #13 0x0e1de568 in ?? ()
>>> #14 0x0e1de568 in ?? ()
>>> #15 0x0e1de568 in ?? ()
>>> #16 0x32bedc00 in ?? ()
>>> #17 0x08a56d31 in std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>,
std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<char*,
std::string> > ()
>>> #18 0x32beddd4 in ?? ()
>>> #19 0x00000000 in ?? ()
>>> (gdb)
>>>
>>> Thanks for staying with it!
>>>

>>> Peter.

Tue Apr 29 18:53:19 UTC 2014
root at amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
 i386

"i386-marcel-freebsd"..."/usr/home/peter/chrome.core": not in executable
format: File format not recognized

but thanks for coming  back to me.

else seeing this, or is it just me?

> Hi -  I am also having chromium issues.. I deinstalled it and reinstalled
it.. When i try to run it, i get this:

> [jv at yeaguy ~] chrome
> /usr/local/bin/chrome: /usr/local/share/chromium/chrome: Exec format error
>
> Any Ideas??????

Odd. No idea I'm afraid, but I notice that the port version has been
updated again so I'll have another go at compiling it tonight.

Peter.

> [jv at yeaguy ~] uname -a
> FreeBSD yeaguy.com 10.0-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE-p2 #0: Tue Apr 29
17:06:01 UTC 2014
root at amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
amd64