Shared object "libintl.so.9" not found, required by "bash"

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Fri Aug 1 12:34:50 UTC 2014

Fri, 1 Aug 2014 08:26:26 -0400

I just used "freebsd-update" to update my system to FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE-p7
from "p3". Now, when I boot up, I am greeted with this friendly message:

Shared object "libintl.so.9" not found, required by "bash"

The file does exist. I rebuilt bash and rebooted the system; however, the
message still appears. I do not see any evidence of a failure by bash, so I
am wondering if this is just a harmless error message.

--
Jerry