How to apply security patches to applications within a jail?

Matthew Pherigo hybrid120 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 16:15:26 UTC 2014

Hi Ed,

When you say "patches," there may be a few things you're thinking of, so I'd like you to clarify: how would you get and maintain your applications normally?

You may be referring to patches in the ports tree. If so, this can easily be done with "portmaster -aD" to update all ports. Of course, the ports tree has to be updated first in /usr/jails/basejail, with the command "ezjail-admin update -P".

--Matt