Updating openssl on FreeBSD 9.2

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Mon Apr 7 06:53:42 UTC 2014

On Sun, 6 Apr 2014 23:42:35 -0700 (PDT), Jack Mc Lauren wrote:
> Hi
> I'm using FreeBSD 9.2 which comes with openssl 0.9.8y.
> How can I update it to version 1.0.1f?
> Thanks in advance.

Probably using the ports version should be the easiest
method. Update your ports tree, Install security/openssl,
and check if any other applications need to be rebuilt.

If you're using a custom-built system, you can also
disable the integration of SSL into the OS by defining
WITHOUT_OPENSSL in /etc/src.conf and rebuilding. See
"man src.conf" for details.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany