Port devel/arduino serial port problems [SOLVED]

Arthur Chance freebsd at qeng-ho.org
Thu Mar 14 08:48:25 UTC 2013

On 03/13/13 21:56, Arthur Chance wrote:
> I'm trying to get devel/arduino working.[snip]

I shouldn't work 13 hour days. Now I've had some sleep, I've spotted
what I missed last night. The underlying code from comms/rxtx is trying
to create a lock file in /var/spool/lock and that is only writeable by
user uucp and group dialer. Given that I have absolutely no serial
devices (or ports) on this box apart from the Arduino when it's plugged
in, can anyone see any problems with making the lock directory world
writeable?