While Updating doxygen

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sun Mar 10 22:21:58 UTC 2013

On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 17:11:59 -0500, Joseph A. Nagy, Jr wrote:
> On 03/10/13 17:06, Polytropon wrote:
> > On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 17:00:57 -0500, Joseph A. Nagy, Jr wrote:
> <snip>
> >>>

> >> nope, but I do have:
> >> ls in
> >> index.html    infoflow.png  install.html
> >
> > That looks valid (I'm on a much older system here, so things
> > might have changed).
> >
> > What directory are those in? Somewhere in the port's working
> > directory? Try "make clean" and rebuild.
>
> Nope, from /usr/local/share/doc/doxygen/html/

I have different files there, but as I said, that could be
normal given the fact that my system here is rather old.

% ls in*
index.hhc              index.html             installdox_usage.html
index.hhk              infoflow.gif
index.hhp              install.html

Still any format conversion that is required (because the file
name is not explicitely named in the LaTeX source, so some
default or fall-through list would apply) should be done by
the port when building.

> I'll do that once the other updates are run through (a bunch of them to
> be sure).

You should make sure all the required stuff for the port
is there. I would _guess_ that building takes place in
the working directory of the port, and all source files
should be in _there_, but I could be wrong, as "modern"
software tends to be unpredictable. :-)

A "make clean; make fetch; make" run should satisfy all
needs.

> >  From the source file, you've quoted the following line:
> >
> > 	\includegraphics[width=14cm]{infoflow}
> >
> > This means the graphicx package will obtain the required
> > file automatically, that could be in a different format
> > (PNG is supported by pdflatex, EPS is common for "normal"
> > latex). If a conversion is required, the port should have
> > done this prior to running LaTeX (be it from teTeX or
> > TeXLive which is "today's preferred LaTeX distribution").
> >

> I think it's teTex, but I'm not sure.

Simple (and stupid, but working) way to find out:

	% ls /var/db/pkg/ | grep TeX
	teTeX-3.0_5/
	teTeX-base-3.0_22/
	teTeX-texmf-3.0_8/

In this case, it's teTeX, _not_ TeXlive.

> Whatever one got pulled in for
> Scribus and the other programs that dep on it.

I think teTeX is still the default LaTeX dependency, even though
it's considered outdated, obsolete and such.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany