Suddenly Seeing Clamav Errors After MailScanner Update

Sean DuBois sean at siobud.com
Tue Jun 11 04:38:07 UTC 2013

Hi Tim,

Double check what user clamd is run as, and what permissions your mail
spool have. Somewhere along the line your mail spool locked out clamd

The lstat system call's man page says

`execute (search) permission is required on all of the
directories in path that lead to the file.`

Also, don't just go "chmoding -R 777"!