suggestions wanted.... {OT}

Erich Dollansky erichsfreebsdlist at alogt.com
Sat Jan 12 05:51:31 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 15:52:16 -0800
Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> wrote:

> 	note that this question is =OT=.
>
> 	sorry if this is a re-request for clues.  I =did= ask a very
> 	similar question a year or three ago; I'm just not sure
> where.

Ah, I remember. Wans't it when the Newton was released?

> 	I'm looking for a small and portable tablet [or whatever]
> device to use on the once-every-75-years when I do get out.  I am not
> 	looking for a cell phone.  the one I have works fine for auto-
> 	dialing <<whoever>>.  instead, im thinking of something with
> a small screen and somekind of keyboard.  it has to have a speaker.
> 	some version of 'unix' is essential.

have you looked at Samsung. They have a quiet interesting range from
hand phones to tablets. I do not know the size up to which they can be
used as hand phones but some pretty large models have this function
built-in.

My daughter has one I would still call a hand phone. She is very happy
with it.

The keyboard has to be an external one in all cases. I do not know it
this works on all models.

Erich