dvd+rw-tools/cdrtools write only 4GB to BluRay

Tomek CEDRO tomek.cedro at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 14:28:47 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 3:16 PM, Bernt Hansson <bah at bananmonarki.se> wrote:
> 2013-02-26 15:07, Tomek CEDRO skrev:
>> I have noticed that growisofs writes only 4GB of data to BluRay disks
>> - this happended to 2x BD-R and 1x BD-RE - what is the problem?
> It's all in the handbook, and is very good reading.

Hello Bernt :-) Thank you, but 4GB filesize limit of ISO9660 this is
not quite my problem (although some years ago I have proposed solution
that you have mentioned because cdrtools was in alpha stage and
FreeBSD did use cdrtools from 2004 for very long time and so it was
missing the -udf -iso-level 3 switches etc etc) :-)

My problem is that whole data stored on the BluRay disk has 4GB.
growisofs recognise bluray disk and formats it to 25GB but still it
only records 4GB of image... Maybe someone had this problem too? Does
anyone use growisofs to burn BluRay disks?

Best regards :-)
Tomek