Why not simplify Copyright at boot/dmesg?

Joseph A. Nagy, Jr jnagyjr1978 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 21:56:54 UTC 2013

On 02/23/13 15:33, Joshua Isom wrote:
> On 2/23/2013 1:10 PM, Joseph A. Nagy, Jr wrote:
<snip>
>> It seems the regents copyright claims end in 1994. Perhaps some
>> underlying piece of code is still in FreeBSD requiring this notice?
>>

> Perhaps the creation of FreeBSD and the release of 4.4BSD?  Nothing from
> Berkley's been added, so no new copyright.  There's little need to
> incorporate later patches to 4.4BSD because divergences between the
> 4.4BSD and FreeBSD.

Not that I find it an issue, but could whatever is left over be removed?
Just a thought, not a concern.

--
Yours in Christ,

Joseph A Nagy Jr
"Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction
is stupid." -- Proverbs 12:1
Original content CopyFree (F) under the OWL
http://copyfree.org/licenses/owl/license.txt