mpd5 vs lt2pd vs sl2tps

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Wed Feb 20 21:39:16 UTC 2013

On 2/20/2013 1:38 PM, Tim Gustafson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get a FreeBSD box set up as an L2TP server.  I've been
> tinkering with mpd5 and had some success, but I was wondering if
> anyone has been using l2tpd or sl2tps and what their experiences might
> have been.  Are either of these easier to set up?  More reliable?
> Especially for a configuration where LDAP authentication is preferred,
> or at least RADIUS if not LDAP?

I have only used mpd5 from the ports, but I find it very reliable and
efficient.  We have LNS boxes that handle close to 700 endpoints at a
time with ~ 300Mb of traffic. We use FreeRADIUS for backend
authentication.  The config and CLI are not my favorite, but generally I
dont find myself making many changes.

	---Mike

--
Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400