about unatteneded installation

Rick Miller vmiller at hostileadmin.com
Thu Feb 14 18:38:56 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 12:34 PM, Teske, Devin
<Devin.Teske at fisglobal.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Feb 2013, Rick Miller wrote:
>
> No worries on time lapse. In fact, I had been needing to get back to you on assuaging those 4 failed
> patch hunks on your sysinstall work.
>
> FreeBSD Druid (both 8.x and 9.x) use sysinstall for disk partitioning. What does sysinstall use, you say?
> Glad you asked. sysinstall(8) uses a combination of:

I anticipated this.  I am under the impression one cannot force proper
slice alignment on 4K sector drives with sysinstall (see
http://ivoras.net/blog/tree/2011-01-01.freebsd-on-4k-sector-drives.html).
 Is it safe to assume that this also applies to 9.x when utilizing
sysinstall based installer?

--
Take care
Rick Miller