about unatteneded installation

Rick Miller vmiller at hostileadmin.com
Thu Feb 14 16:17:24 UTC 2013

Hi Devin,

On 12/20/12 1:10 PM, "Devin Teske" <devin.teske at fisglobal.com> wrote:

> For now, people that prefer sysinstall can use my FreeBSD Druid pre-built install media:
>
> For 9.0:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/druidbsd/files/FreeBSD-9.0_Druid-1.0b60.iso/download
>
> For 8.3:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/druidbsd/files/FreeBSD-8.3_Druid-1.0b60.iso/download
>
> As for 10.0 (when it comes out), expect bsdinstall to surpass sysinstall (in many many great ways) in every way (unlike the current status in 9.x).

I had begun evaluating FreeBSD Druid and DruidBSD, but was sidetracked
with a different project.  I'm hoping to return to this in the coming
weeks.  Having said that, I am wondering what disk partition utilities
FreeBSD Druid/DruidBSD use when installing 9.x.  Is it using
fdisk/bsdlabel or gpart?

--
Take care
Rick Miller