installing port devel/py-qt4-dbussupport - cannot open Makefile

Henry Miller hank at millerfarm.com
Thu Feb 14 04:41:08 UTC 2013

 I'm trying to install devel/py-qt4-dbussupport on freebsd 8.3.  When I type
make it looks like configure is run, but then I get an error cannot open
Makefile.  I'm not sure what steps to take next.

google only shows the following query, which is unanswered.
http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=37696 (but I note that this is on
Freebsd 9)

Creating pyuic4 wrapper...
Creating pyuic4 Makefile...
pylupdate4 and pyrcc4 will not be built because the Qt XML module is missing.
Creating pyqtconfig.py...
===>  Building for py27-qt4-dbussupport-4.9.6
make: cannot open Makefile.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/py-qt4-dbussupport.
shairia#  uname -a
FreeBSD shairia.millerfarm.com 8.3-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD 8.3-RELEASE-p3 #0: Tue
Jun 12 00:39:29 UTC 2012     root at amd64-
builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

My steps to get into this state:

portsnap fetch update (about a week ago - a couple days after kde 4.9.5 went
live)
follow the steps in Updating - 20130203 for updating KDE.  At some point in
this process I lost system power, but most of the update was done.
I attempted to do the update boost (2013013) instructions, but had problems
because of mixed python 2.6 and 2.7, so I did a pkg_delete on py26*.   (This
was probably wrong).
Looking farther I found the python entry from back in 20110304, but I had to
errors until I updated perl (20130204), and tcl/tk (20130206).  I then
completed the python update.

My attempts to do any more updates (either complete boost, or just upgrade
everything with "portmaster -a") all fail on the above port.