FreeBSD on Acer C7 Chromebook?

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue Feb 12 01:12:17 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 5:39 PM, Sergio de Almeida Lenzi <
lenzi.sergio at gmail.com> wrote:

> A long time ago I swear NEVER ever buy ACER product, the bios is no
> standard, and they do not care about the clients.

It's not meant to be standard.  Despite appearances these are not normal
laptops.  They aren't meant to be PC compatible any more than, say, an iPad
is.  They're meant to run ChromeOS and play in Google's walled garden.  I
don't really blame Acer for this; the design does what it's supposed to do.