which pkg repository with 9.1

Joshua Isom jrisom at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 02:55:37 UTC 2013

On 2/4/2013 8:34 PM, Joseph A. Nagy, Jr wrote:

> I really think a message needs to go out on the announce list (as well
> as ports@ and questions@, others as appropriate) about the fact there is
> no official pkg repo at the moment. I'm constantly seeing emails about
> this on this list.

I changed to pkgng a couple weeks ago before realizing the "Security
Incident" was holding up binary ports.  I used to install from source
most of the time, and updates seemed to be required to be from source.
But now it's just from source or nothing.  I want pkgng to help deal
with some of the cruft that ends up occurring when installing ports that
have a lot of dependencies.

What's really annoying to me is that a clean install cluster, so
presumably secure, could probably rebuild the whole ports tree in the
time it's taken to get something available.