Crucial SSD firmware upgrade -- usb flash drive issues

Gary Aitken freebsd at dreamchaser.org
Fri Feb 1 21:17:21 UTC 2013

On 02/01/13 11:03, Sean Cavanaugh wrote:
> [...]

Thanks, that was a help.

However, when it boots, I get the following:

  No /boot/loader
  FreeBSD/x86 boot
  Default: 0:ad(0,a)/boot/kernel/kernel
  boot:

I can mount the thumb drive as a ufs file system, which looks like this:
  /boot/
        solinux/
                boot.cat
                boot2880.img
                bootmsg.txt
                isolinux.bin
                isolinux.cfg
                memdisk
                splash.lss
  /legal.txt
  /revision.txt

Assuming this is all good as a stand-alone linux image, what do I need to
enter at the boot: prompt to get it to boot?  It's not clear to me what the
code to be booted is.

The isolinux.cfg file looks like this:
  PROMPT 1
  TIMEOUT 30