TEMPer1 on FreeBSD

TJ tj at melodicninja.co.uk
Tue Aug 27 12:36:50 UTC 2013

Hi guys,
I have just purchased a TEMPer1 for monitoring the temperature of our rack.
I have been looking at way of getting this working as the default
drivers pick it up as a keyboard and mouse.

Aug 27 12:13:41 test-1 kernel: ukbd0: <RDing TEMPer1V1.2, class 0/0, rev
2.00/0.01, addr 2> on usbus1
Aug 27 12:13:41 test-1 kernel: kbd2 at ukbd0
Aug 27 12:13:41 test-1 kernel: ums0: <RDing TEMPer1V1.2, class 0/0, rev
2.00/0.01, addr 2> on usbus1

I have been looking at UTHUM
<http://www.manualpages.de/OpenBSD/OpenBSD-5.0/man4/uthum.4.html> but i
think that is only for OpenBSD as cannot see any mention of it the src
or loader.conf

I have also looked at this <http://err.no/src/TEMPer.c> and this
<http://wiki.zs64.net/File:Temper.c.txt> With no joy.
I think both of those are designed to run on the TEMPer but not the TEMPer1.

Even with the uchcom(8) driver kldload into the kernel i cannot get it
working.

Can anyone help with this?