older version of programs in freebsd

Istvan Gabor suseuser04 at lajt.hu
Sat Sep 29 11:08:15 UTC 2012

Hello:

I am a freebsd beginner.

As I understood correctly there is only one ports tree which contains
the most up to date (and stable) versions of programs.
And there are compiled packages for the different releases, which
reflect the version at the time of the release.

For example the ports tree currently has libreoffice 3.5.6 version.
I guess when FreeBSD RELEASE-9.1 will be final it will also
have libreoffice 3.5.x (or 3.6).

But I would like to use/keep with libreoffice 3.4 (since I don't like the
interface changes they made in version 3.5 and 3.6).

How can I do it in FreeBSD?
Do I have to build it independently from the ports tree?
Or is there an older package that can be installed on newer system?

Thanks,

Istvan