fsck not working on messed-up file system

Erich Dollansky erichfreebsdlist at ovitrap.com
Wed Sep 19 10:54:21 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 06:05:06 -0400
"Thomas Mueller" <mueller23 at insightbb.com> wrote:

> Script started on Wed Sep 19 04:15:02 2012
> fsck_ffs /dev/ada0p9

just to make sure: the partition was not mounted when you started fsck?

> Now I wonder if the file system is really fixed, with possibly some
> files in /pkgsrc subdirectories lost, or if the hard drive is
> starting to fail.

You see it soon. I would not bother about a single problem like this. I
have had it over and over again at a location with bad power supply
with a normal PC without UPS.

The hard disk is - one year later - still working in a different
location without any new problems.

Erich