GELI provider and trim (BIO_DELETE)

Arto Pekkanen isoa at kapsi.fi
Tue Sep 11 17:59:00 UTC 2012

I have an SSD driver, rather new, and "camcontrol identify" reports it
supports data set management (TRIM).

I set up the disk so, that there is one slice. On this slice I put two
BSD labes a and b with geli providers. On these geli providers I did
newfs -t to enable trim.

Does the trim BIO_DELETE commands fall thru to the SSD, if the
filesystem decides a sector inside the geli provider is free to be reused?

In short: does UFS -t and thus BIO_DELETE work with geli as expected?

I have checked dmesg but did not catch any errors, so I have no way of
knowing.

--
Arto Pekkanen, säätäjä
ksym at IRCnet