kinternet alternative in FreeBSD

suseuser04 at lajt.hu suseuser04 at lajt.hu
Tue Sep 11 09:16:44 UTC 2012

Hello FreeBSD users:

I am new to FreeBSD. I've been using openSUSE for 8 years but would
like to try something different.
I have installed FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE from DVD and configured
KDE3. I also configured DSL (pppoe) connection that automatically
connects the computer to the network.
In openSUSE I have kinternet (and its alternative qinternet), an application
which incorporates into KDE system tray and indicates whether network
connection is active or not. It can also be used by the desktop user to
disconnect and connect from/to the network (eg. for getting new dynamic
IP address or test downloaded web pages offline).
Is there a similar program in FreeBSD? I could not find kinternet or qinternet
in ports database or by googling.

Thanks in advance,

Istvan