Is FreeBSD 9 Production Ready?

Tim Daneliuk tundra at tundraware.com
Sat Nov 24 22:39:50 UTC 2012

On 11/24/2012 03:48 PM, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> It is not however sufficient to get you a completely upgraded system:
> you will still have to re-install all of your ports.  Otherwise, as you
> end up trying to upgrade ports by ones and twos over time, you'll end up
> with a complete rat's nest of contradictory shared library dependencies
> and programs crashing left, right and centre.

So I am discovering.  I moved the system to 9.1-PRE today with a
source compile.  After I then did a make remove-old, the system
started complaining about missing libraries.  So ... I temporarily
fixed this with appropriate /etc/libmap.conf entires.  I am now
about to do a portupgrade -aARrvf to redo the ports.  We'll see
how that goes...

Tim Daneliuk     tundra at tundraware.com