wine-fbsd64 -- no longer in ports

C. P. Ghost cpghost at cordula.ws
Mon Nov 19 18:41:32 UTC 2012

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 6:01 PM, Hexing <hexhexing at gmail.com> wrote:
> "C. P. Ghost" <cpghost at cordula.ws> writes:
>
>> On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 1:31 PM, Hexing <hexhexing at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I guess that just remove it and install /usr/ports/emulators/wine or
>>> /usr/ports/emulators/wine-devel would be OK.
>>
>> Nope, not for amd64:
>>
>> % grep 'ONLY_FOR_ARCHS' /usr/ports/emulators/wine/Makefile
>> ONLY_FOR_ARCHS= i386
>> % grep 'ONLY_FOR_ARCHS' /usr/ports/emulators/wine-devel/Makefile
>> ONLY_FOR_ARCHS= i386
>>
>> The wine and wine-devel ports won't even compile on amd64.
>>
>> There was some guy who claims to have managed creating a
>> binary _package_ for amd64 somehow, and wo sent periodic
>> announcement updates about to this list. I don't know if it was
>> legit or not: I never install stuff bypassing ports. But apparently,
>> he didn't create a _port_, nor did he modify/enhance the current
>> i386-only wine ports.
>>
>>> The name 'wine-fbsd64' looks strange. You installed it before? and
>>> when did you find this name?
>>
>> -cpghost.
>
> Oh, I didn't know that and never try to install wine before. Thanks for
> your information.

Volodymyr has pointed out that this was a port (and not a
binary package) that never got committed. As a port, you can
examine precisely what it does and it may be worth a try if you
feel that it doesn't mess with your installation and doesn't
compromise it. I didn't try it, can't say anything at all about it.

-cpghost.

--
Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/