FreeBSD 9.1 and SU+J

Bas Smeelen b.smeelen at ose.nl
Sun Nov 4 10:44:31 UTC 2012

On 11/03/2012 07:30 PM, Herbert J. Skuhra wrote:
> On 03.11.2012 13:48, Doug Hardie wrote:
>
>> I didn't notice that journaling is on by default and now dump is
>> failing.  The only way I can see to disable journaling requires that
>> the file system be dismounted, or read-only.  This is a remote machine
>> and journaling is on root.  Is there any other way that would not
>> require me to make a long trip out to the site?
>
> This is a task for mfsBSD: http://mfsbsd.vx.sk

Hmm, I think you have to make a trip or get some kind of remote console
over ip.
I tried it remote on a 9.1-RC2 system that has / /tmp /var and /usr as
seperate partions
For / i can do a mount -o ro / and tunefs -j disable /dev/da0p2 then
mount -o rw /
For the /tmp /var and /usr filesystems this does not work bcause hey
cannot be remounted ro while they are busy.

This e-mail message, including any attachment(s), is intended solely for the addressee or addressees. Any views or opinions presented herein are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of OSE.

If you are not the intended recipient of this communication please return this e-mail message and the attachment(s) to the sender and delete and destroy all copies.