9.0 on SSD

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Thu May 31 03:52:18 UTC 2012

Colleagues,

I have installed 9.0-RELEASE on a SSD drive with the following
tweaking so far:

1. tmpmfs="YES" (WRKDIRPREFIX etc will go there too).

2. mount -o noatime

3. tunefs -t enable

I have not done any tricky partition alignment, do I really need to? Is
anything else advisable?

There is one thing that worries me, why is TRIM not shown as enabled in
camcontrol output?

[root at vas ~] tunefs -p /dev/ada0p2 | & grep -i trim
tunefs: trim: (-t)                                         enabled
[root at vas ~] camcontrol identify ada0 | egrep '^Fea|TRIM'
Feature                      Support  Enabled   Value           Vendor
data set management (TRIM)     yes
[root at vas ~]

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN