"Cloud" software ?

Ciprian Dorin Craciun ciprian.craciun at gmail.com
Tue May 29 09:05:21 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 11:11 AM, Frank Bonnet <f.bonnet at esiee.fr> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm searching for a "cloud software" :-)
>
> More precisely we would like to offer to our students and professors
> a kind of private cloud to access/manipulate  their personnal data
> from almost anywhere and with almost any devices ...
> ( Personnal PC, Mac, smartphones   and tablets ... etc )
>
> Anyone could help ?
> Thank you

    Although it's not "cloud"-labeled, and:
    * if you're interested only in data (as in files) management;
    * and you want to host it your self;
    , you could take a look over OpenAFS. It's quite nice, works over
WAN, supported on most modern OS's, and has strong authentication and
authorization. (I don't know about Smartphones, tablets, etc.)

    Ciprian.