automating menu options in ports (and other ports build questions)

Adam Vande More amvandemore at gmail.com
Fri May 25 05:34:04 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 8:51 PM, Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de> wrote:

> On Thu, 24 May 2012 19:28:58 -0600, Gary Aitken wrote:
> > 3. Do the package builds use the defaults set in the ports tree?  If
> > not, how are the options for packages chosen, and how does one determine
> > what the package options are?
>
> They use the default options.

This is true for most ports at least, but perhaps not true for all of them.
 For example the QT4_OPTIONS controls some rather critical functionality
which is compiled into the packages however doesn't end up in a default
port install without other modification in make.conf.  It
wouldn't surprise me at all if there were a few port config screens that
didn't match a package's selected options.

--
Adam Vande More