How to rollback xorg to working tty switch

Lars Eighner luvbeastie at larseighner.com
Thu May 24 19:30:58 UTC 2012

On Thu, 24 May 2012, Polytropon wrote:

> On Thu, 24 May 2012 20:11:32 +0200, Polytropon wrote:
>> On Thu, 24 May 2012 06:45:06 -0500 (CDT), Lars Eighner wrote:
>>>
>>> I need to rollback x.org to a point that tty switching worked.  I'm dead in
>>> the water when stuck in x.org.
>>
>> Maybe putting
>>
>>         Option	"DontVTSwitch"	"false"
>>
>> in Section "ServerFlags" or /etc/X11/xorg.conf helps?
>
> Of course not "or" - "of". Maybe it belongs to section
> "ServerLayout", I'm not sure, it changes quite often
> which options are supported and where they have to be
> placed. :-)

Doesn't seem to help, and also it appears from my researches that is not
assignable, but like make options, if it present it is true but there is no
way to make it false.

> And in worst case, use "portdowngrade" to get an older version
> of the port (may require recompiling a lot of dependencies in
> both directions).

portdowngrade does not really provide much help for meta ports, but I took a
flier and rolled xorg-server back to 1.7.5,1 and this sort of worked (mapped
tty changing to shift-Fx - not my first choice, but makes life possible.

--
Lars Eighner
http://www.larseighner.com/index.html