djvu viewers from ports or add capability to view to xpdf, gv or other

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at gmail.com
Tue May 22 02:26:51 UTC 2012

>> I had a gut feeling that viewers like gv or xpdf would have the
>> capability to view djvu files, since evince could do this, but I guess
>> I was wrong.
>
> As far as I know, the ability to deal with this file formate
> requires the corresponding library to be used. Evince seems
> to be able to, but xpdf and gv are "just PS/PDF viewers", so
> this functionality hasn't been incorporated.
>
> Even though ImageMagic is a "heavy chunk of compiling", it
> is acceptably easy to use when installed ("display" command).
> Enabling DJVU option and recompiling it shouldn't pull too
> many dependencies into the system.
>

> --

Polytropon,

Thank you for sharing this advice.  I have recompiled ImageMagick with
the djvu capability and had to include [x] for threads and it works
well.  I have to use the [space bar] to change pages, but I don't know
which key to use to return one page back.  Otherwise it works and no
need to use evince :)

Best Regards,

Antonio