ipfw subnetting

Paul Macdonald paul at ifdnrg.com
Mon May 21 17:19:56 UTC 2012

On 21/05/2012 17:01, Paul Macdonald wrote:
> On 21/05/2012 16:44, Michael Sierchio wrote:
>> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 8:30 AM, Paul Macdonald<paul at ifdnrg.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> A very open firewall test script is as follows:

this is now resolved, i hadn't realised (embarrassingly) that ipfw list
will show rules if if the fw is disabled.
at some point during debugging i think i'd disabled the firewall and not
re-enabled, and on seeing rules listed assumed it was actually on

this was web traffic, coming in from 5-6 very wide ranges, with a
referrer of  http://bdsclickcenter.com/en/surf/view/75967
Not sure why they've become interested in one of my clients sites, but
they have probably hit the server from several 100k ip's.
mod_rewrite has been serving them 403's for over 24 hrs, but that
doesn't seem to bother them!

thanks to those who took the time to help.

--
Paul Macdonald
e: paul at ifdnrg.com
w: http://www.ifdnrg.com