(mutt +) msmtp problem?

James Edwards jedwards at bsdftw.org
Wed May 16 14:04:57 UTC 2012

> I use mutt (1.5.21) with msmtp (1.4.28) as MDA. Usually, everything goes
> smoothly, but every once in a while I lose network connectivity when
> sending email (I don't recall whether there is a correlation between
> this problem and my trying to send not-so-big but yet around 1mb files).
>
> Basically, what happens in trying to send an email is:
>
> May 16 10:01:17 **** wpa_supplicant[662]: CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED
> bssid=**:**:**:**:**:** reason=0
> May 16 10:02:27 **** wpa_supplicant[662]: CTRL-EVENT-CONNECTED -
> Connection to **:**:**:**:**:** completed (reauth) [id=0 id_str=]
>
> Then I try again, and the same thing happens. All msmtp's log shows is:
>
> errormsg='cannot write to TLS connection: Pipe Broken' exitcode=EX_IOERR
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Best,
> Ramiro

Based on above, mutt and msmpt *appear* to be fine, but this seems to be a
problem with the wireless driver, card, or router - you are being
disconnected from the network, which in turn is causing the 'broken pipe'.

You could feasibly work around it by using a wired connection, or take a
look at what is going on with your wireless.

--
Regards,
James Edwards