help debug bwn(4) wireless

Chris Hill chris at monochrome.org
Sat May 5 23:48:35 UTC 2012

On Sat, 5 May 2012, Robert Bonomi wrote:

> Anton Shterenlikht <mexas at bristol.ac.uk> wrote;

[snip]

>> ...I still find the whole networking area perfectly impenetrable. (If
>> you can recommend a really introductory book on the subject, I'd
>> really appreciate it.

[snip]

> See also "TCP/IP Network Administration".  This is an "O'Reilley
> Associates" book.  Virtually *everything* they publish is excellent.
> If they've ever published an even mediocre book, _I_ have never
> encountered it.

Anton, I'll second that recommendation. 'TCP/IP Network Administration'
by Craig Hunt is an outstanding book; it taught me a lot about
networking, really made the subject comprehensible. The other O'Reilly
book that I found indispensable when getting started was 'Essential
System Administration' by Aeleen Frisch. In fact, why don't I just "me
too" about O'Reilly. Everything of theirs that I have seen has been
excellent.

[snip]

Chris Hill               chris at monochrome.org
**                     [ Busy Expunging </> ]