Performance and mouse problems

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Thu May 3 14:43:43 UTC 2012

On Thu, 3 May 2012, Albert Shih wrote:

> Le 02/05/2012 ? 10:27:56-0600, Warren Block a écrit
>> On Wed, 2 May 2012, Albert Shih wrote:
>>
>>> I think the problem is indeed comme from Xorg.
>>
>> Just to repeat: on this Gateway notebook, only one or the other of the
>> touchpad or mouse would work until I enabled moused in /etc/rc.conf.
>> Now either or both work, including when the USB mouse is connected after
>> X starts.
>
> Sorry.
>
> I forget to thanks you the first time you answer me.
>
> But just after you send the message, I already try that, without any
> result.

Different hardware, possibly.

For completeness, this machine has dbus running, hal is not installed,
moused_enable="YES" is in /etc/rc.conf, and it requires a restart.
Probably the touchpad on this system is USB internally, and a normal
moused can't be started after devd starts a "nondefault" moused.

xorg.conf has no InputDevice entries at all.  The scroll wheel and
middle click buttons work.