HOWTO: FreeBSD ZFS Madness (Boot Environments)

Kalle Møller freebsd-questions at k-moeller.dk
Wed May 2 08:10:21 UTC 2012

Hi vermaden

I just tested your tool the last few days and I must say I love it
already. Though I can get one of the commands to work - might be me or
the syntax

beadm create [-e nonActiveBe | beName at snapshot] beName

I read it as you can do the following

beadm create beName at snapshot beName

Is that correct or is it

beadm create -e beName at snapshot beName

Well neither of those seems to work for me, can you give an example of the use?

Thanks

Kalle

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 1:08 AM, vermaden <vermaden at interia.pl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just created new HOWTO [1] on how to use Boot Environments on
> FreeBSD with new created utility *beadm* that I put on SourceForge [2].
>
> Feel free to send Your ideas/critique about it.
>
> [1] http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=31662
> [2] https://sourceforge.net/projects/beadm/
>
> Regards,
> vermaden