Printer recommendation please

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Fri Mar 30 21:22:08 UTC 2012

On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 16:14:20 -0400
Mike Jeays articulated:

> I strongly recommend a laser printer over an inkjet even for home
> use. The reduced running costs and better reliability are easily
> worth the lack of colour, IMO. I have used an HP 1020 for three years
> now, and it works fine after three cartridges. I had an inkjet fail
> at the first cartridge change, after I bought new cartridges. (EPSON
> - never again).

I know several students that purchase inexpensive ink-jet printers that
work perfectly. When the ink runs out, they just replace the unit. The
cost is about the same.

I could replace probably four cheap ink-jet units for what it is gong to
cost me just to replace the cartridges in my Brother Laser Color unit.
Then when you factor in the other parts that eventually will need
replacement, it really gets expensive.

--
Jerry ♔