Can't install WindowMaker

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Mon Mar 12 21:57:49 UTC 2012

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 19:42:24 +0100, Sabine Baer wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 05:27:14PM +0000, jb wrote:
> > Sabine Baer <baerks <at> t-online.de> writes:

> > After your ports updates, do not forget to test integrity of ports:
> > # portmaster --check-depends
> > # portmaster --check-port-dbdir
>
> Wow, lots of garbage.
>
> > and retry the compilation again.
>
> No success.

Did you have the chance to try to compile it using
"only ports" infrastructure? E. g. making sure the
ports tree is up to date, and then

	# cd /usr/ports/x11-wm/windowmaker/
	# make install

to start with a clean (!) build? Just to be sure, you
could remove any possibly "offending" distfiles/ archives
and work/ subtrees.

If this has worked, you can run the portmaster checks
again, but if I understood you correctly, getting WindowMaker
(not sure about the current correct spelling!) installed
and running is your top priority.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany