oops, now: bsd question: how to record a tv stream?

Joshua Isom jrisom at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 20:52:42 UTC 2012

On 3/11/2012 3:28 PM, Gary Kline wrote:
> guys,
>
> i made the mistake that conrad did when replying.  i could make e
> excuse liked only getting five hours sleep, etc, bujt i wont.
>
> here us a FBSD qauestion.... how can i capture any tv stream---or
> radio stream for later replay?  or is that illegal, too?
>
> gray

For capturing, I believe linux is your best bet.  I had tried using the
bktr driver, but I couldn't get it to work properly with the card I had.
  It could work somewhat from what I remember.  The card was my
brother's and he used it under linux, but he upgraded to a better one.

Legality should be the same as a VCR/DVR, personal use only and don't
redistribute.