Suggestion

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Sat Mar 10 06:29:27 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 09, 2012 at 01:56:25AM -0300, Bruno Comerci wrote:

> Hi guys.
>
> Instead of wasting your time and man power, why wont you join to the
> ReactOS project?  It would be more beneficial to the internet community
> and to the users around the world who wants a free OS with similar
> looking and functions than Windows, if you just throw away your FreeBSD
> and join forces with the ReactOS team to accelerate their process.
>
> Actually there isnt any single free OS that can be fully trusted, but
> ReactOS seems to be that one that we all are wating for.
>
> Sincerely,
> Common world's citizen who dont have money to pay Windows and dont
> trust Linux and any other Unix-based OS.

That had to be the weakest troll attempt I've ever seen.

I actually think that ReactOS, if run by people who weren't tied down by
some unfortunate misconceptions, might have been a really good idea --
not as a great OS in its own right, but rather as a gateway drug for
Unix-like OSes.  Alas, that was not to be.  Instead, it looks like it
will just be a never-was (and occasional grist for some very weak
trolling).