Still having trouble with package upgrades

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Thu Mar 8 03:11:53 UTC 2012

On Wed, 7 Mar 2012 22:04:35 -0500, David Jackson wrote:

> > > pkg-add -r does not seem to be an "upgrade all packages" sort of feature
> > > am looking for. I have tried pkg-upgrade, portmaster, and portupgrade,
> > all
> > > of these do not work.
> >
> > The portupgrade -PP command should be fine, if your ports
> > tree is up to date.
> >

> portupgrade -PP did not work for me, it gave me error messages about failed
> downloads.

Have you been able to perform the download manually?
This is _not_ for actual use, but for diagnostics!
Is the URI accessed by portupgrade properly constructed?
Typically it's a FTP URI that you can check using the
system's standard FTP tool (or web browser, if you want).

I had similar trouble years ago when portupgrade wasn't
considered "mature enough", but today there should be a
good reason for a failing download. :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany