Still having trouble with package upgrades

Rob lists at midsummerdream.org
Wed Mar 7 18:19:35 UTC 2012

I ran into problems with pkg-upgrade when I upgraded from
8.2p6->9.0-RELEASE, and part of the problem ended up being a tool
pkg_upgrade used (uma).  That was the reason portupgrade didn't work as
well.  I ended up hacking the support tool and pkg_upgrade to do what I
needed, but they are both definitely broken.

iirc, one of the issues with uma was it's url generation.  It would
generate urls like 9-RELEASE instead of 9.0-RELEASE, the former being
the format for 9-STABLE and the later (which I needed) was for an
upgrade for a release.

Sadly, I've forgotten the other issues, but I remember making about 3
hacks to the tools to get it working.

Rob