sysinstall

David Walker davidianwalker at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 20:07:08 UTC 2012

So I installed amd64 9.0 tonight and decided against installing "ports".
I'm at a point now where I'm thinking about adding it and I see sysinstall:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/ports-using.html
Looks easy.

For some unknown reason sysinstall spits the following:

Warning: The disc currently in the drive is either not a FreeBSD
disc or it is an older (pre 1.2.5) FreeBSD CD which does not have a
version number on it. Do you wish to use this disc anyway?

Like any sane person who burned this CD a few hours previously on the
same machine from within FreeBSD and then installed from it shortly
afterwards I click "Yes" ...

So that doesn't work.
I wonder what would have happened if I had elected to install "ports"
during the initial install ...

I'm here if anyone's bothered and wants more information.

Best wishes.