sysinstall diskPartitionEditor Question

Rick Miller vmiller at hostileadmin.com
Wed Jun 27 17:08:01 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Rick Miller <vmiller at hostileadmin.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'd like to set the offset/starting cylinder in install.cfg so that
> partitions begin on appropriate boundaries.  The applicable section of
> install.cfg looks like the following.  My assumption is that I need to
> make the changes in the "partition" section.  Is this correct?  Is the
> format of this value the same as a typical fdisk config file?

After copious amounts of reading and experimenting.  It seems as
though diskPartitionEdit doesn't support specifying a starting
cylinder.  When I specify partition=all, it starts that slice at
sector 63.  I'd like to start it at 64 or above.  Is it feasible to
include gpart in the mfsroot and use that to partition the drive
before sysinstall continues with the installation?

--
Take care
Rick Miller